Maulik Bharat:- An initiative for total change in the System
The ‘Maulik Bharat’ is gaining independent identity through the tireless efforts of the nationalists like all of us. Aimed at bringing about total change in the system, the initiative recognizes some basic changes as an integral element of the change in system. Therefore, it stresses upon the implementation of the following vital points with immediate effect. Suggestions are invited for changing/amending these points-
Prominent points for change in the system
Constitution of Constitution Review Commission. It should be finalised only after a debate, study and analysis of different vision documents on this topic
Directive Principles should be recognized as fundamental/legal rights
Inclusion of the Concurrent List into the State List
Justice should be cheaper, fast and easily available to all. All the irrelevant laws be abolished and the older ones should be redefined in changing context after proper review
A people-oriented system should be developed in all civil, judicial and all other prominent services, and apart from activism, the accountability and transparency should also be ensured. Reappointment at any post after retirement should be banned in all respects
Private practice or business by the people appointed on public posts should strictly be prohibited
Extensive reform in the police system after implementing all the suggestions already came up
Reconstitution of the states. About 50 states with two to three crore population should be created. It should be done keeping in view the administrative requirements instead of the cultural and language points
There should be an autonomous body to investigate into the allegations leveled against the people appointed on public posts, and this body should act swiftly and deliver judgments effectively. There should be provisions for stern punishment for those found guilty in such matters
There should be a systematic and transparent transfer policy for all government employees
Balanced concept of development with the element of Human Happiness Index as well as GDP
Fixation of limit for development. 50 per cent urban population and 50 per cent rural population
(For Rural society, Gram Swaraj, economical empowerment of Panchayats, development of rural economy according to the rural lifestyle be promoted, and this sector should be reserved for organic farming, agro industries and the industries of other agricultural products)
Abolition of PPP model and consultancy. Promotion of mixed economy and co-operatives
Creation of a Land Bank consisting of the additional land available with the industrial houses, governments (both the state and central), private individuals and institutions, and it should compulsorily be used for different industrial activities, business, service or residential activities
Complete abolition of the economy based on black money
Proper compensation to the landowners whose land is acquired for mining or any other project of national importance. Rehabilitation of the affected people and also the consent of at least 90 per cent land owners should be must
Ban on the expansion of the cities with five lakh or more population
Slums in the urban areas should be converted into developed colonies with permanent pucca houses or flats
Ban on public limited companies of private sector for buying shares through Buyback method and all the Buyback, already done the past, should be canceled. Focus should be on democratization, decentralization and corporate governance in the new policies. It should be compulsory for all the companies to have only one bank account and there should be clarity and transparency in the financial resources of the companies
Each individual should have only one bank account and it should contain all the vital information about the individual. This information should be updated with the changing stages in the individual’s life. The pass book issued by the Bank to the person should have that information in details, so that it could act as an identity card for him. There should be complete ban on opening other bank accounts for an individual
All natural and mineral resources should be nationalized
Forward Trading should be banned
Clear laws for the works to be done in private sector and there should be an effective and clear mechanism for their implementation
Rationalization of the tax procedure and ban on the use of loophole
All elections in the country should be held together and at the government expenses. Casting vote should be compulsory. There should be rethinking over the Electronic Voting Machine. All the necessary election reforms should be implemented forthwith and there should be constitutional provisions in all the political parties ensuring internal democracy
The security requirements of the country should be met through indigenous technology and there should be complete ban on illegal immigration by fully sealing the border. The expansion and modernization of the army should continue
Apart from providing bread, clothes, house, education, health and employment to all citizens, there should be laws and policies to ensuring the availability of required atmosphere for clean environment and internal and spiritual development
Restoration of the polity, which is people-centric, sensitive and has roots in the rule of law, public welfare and good governance and which respects Indian culture and its diversity
Abolition of the symbols, which display slavery
Appointment of only Indians on constitutional posts
Fixation of age, tenure and frequency for political posts
The objective of the country’s foreign policy should be to strengthen coordination and brotherhood with the neighboring countries and only the policies be implemented which help in restoring the pristine glory of India as a world leader in economic, social, political and spiritual fields
There should be a fund consisting of the private, foreign and government grants and its expenditure should be monitored by the Parliament
Every child above the age of six years should get equal opportunities for free, residential and compulsory education. Reservation in education should be done away with forthwith
There should be adequate legal provisions to curb foreign funding to Christian, Islamic, Sikh or Hindu organizations from multinational companies or foreign funding agencies, and the nexus between the Civil Society, NGOs, Media organizations and the foreign funding agencies be arrested. The special facilities being provided to some sections of the people or the people of a particular regions or religion in the name of minority be stopped
Unprecedented change in the field of education, technology and research, and promotion of small, cottage industries and traditional Indian industries. There should be restrictions on import, and dependence on indigenous technology and research be strengthened
Segregating it from private hands, the media should be autonomous and be adjusted into the social sector. It should also be authorized for social audit of governmental and non-governmental expenditures
Committees involving social activists, intellectuals, journalists and dedicated people should be constituted from Panchayat/Ward to the national level and these committees should keep a watch on all the matters of state, centre and concurrent list and it should regularly give suggestions to the government. The higher education institutions should play the role of coordinators/catalysts and the media should take their suggestions to the government by publishing them time to time
Health should be a fundamental right and treatment of all sick should be done at the government expenses. The Indian health systems and lifestyle should be promoted
‘One family, one child’ policy should be compulsory. For some time, the population should be controlled through rationing method
Fundamental right of employment (family based) and all kinds of subsidy should be stopped
Medium of instruction in education should be only Indian languages, and English should be only optional
Nature-centric development, preservation of water, forest and land, and those who live there should have natural and legal claim over it
Preservation of cattle wealth, villages and rivers
Recognizing family as an important unit, it should be preserved.
The system change, however, consists of some critical and diverse dimensions; the focus on the above mentioned points is eminent. If we are able to generate an atmosphere of change all over the country, the remaining change will automatically follow in the next phase. And ultimately, we could see a self-reliant, strong and confident Bharat sitting on the chair of Vishwaguru.
We have adopted the philosophy of Think Globally, Act Locally to achieve these objectives. To materialize this philosophy, a nationwide organization is necessary. The organization has to be created on the basis of dialogue, agreement, cooperation, courage, initiative and experiment. The involvement of women, youth, saints and thinkers in the movement is highly desirable. If we are able to create such an organization the policy and economy will be in the control of the society and the religious fraternity. It will be followed by complete change in the system and the creation of balanced and satisfied society will be a reality. The role of media in disseminating the views and expansion of the organization is eminent in this age of technology. In this context, a three-staged policy needs to be devised.
Publicity of the activities of the central steering committee
Publicity of the activities of the state steering committees
Publicity of the activities of the districts (including villages and small towns) steering committees
1. Efforts should be made to ensure that our activists are invited to participate in debates, discussions on local, regional and national news channels, FM Radio, community radio, etc. Apart from it, our activities should get adequate space in other mediums of media including local newspapers, district, state and national level newspapers.
2. Beginning from February 2013, the Central Office will release weekly press releases on vital issues. The Releases will also be mailed to all state and district offices. The state and district committees will be able to include their own district or state level issues in those press releases before sending to the local media. Every unit should endeavor to ensure that the Press Release should reach to each and every medium of the media in our vicinity, so that the issues raised by us get maximum publicity or become the matter of discussion and debate among people.
3. Every district or state unit should have its account on the new media (social networking sites). We can start a debate on our demands and issues to mould public opinion in our favor. The Twitter, Facebook and Google Accounts of all the members of central committee will be operative after January 2013. At the same time we have to upload the videos of all the members on Y tube.
4. The discussion, meeting, debate, seminar, workshops, documentary, articles and letters in the newspapers should continue on all these issues. We can also take the help of pamphlets, banners, publicity through different mediums, press releases and advertisements in newspapers.
5. All the people associated with the organization should develop and strengthen leadership qualities among themselves. If we make ourselves effectively active, many good and influential people including RTI activists, journalists, and people from judiciary, social activists or the NGOs will join hands with us in good number. This will help us making the organization stronger.
6. Every district unit is expected to collect the names, addresses, mobile numbers and email ids of the people associated with the working committee, or people supporting the movement, and send to the central office. This will help the central office to develop live contact with maximum number of people through email, newsletter, phone or SMSs. We wish to create the data bank of at least one lakh intellectuals by March 2013.
7. The central steering committee has decided that the senior members would conduct extensive tours of the country. Efforts will be made to organize at least a big program at Vibhag (involving three districts) level. The district and Vibhag units can send written requests for such programs to the central office through their respective state offices. Once the program is finalized, the whole unit should be active to make the program a success.
8. In order to gain credibility at local level, we should also raise some issues directly connected with the general public, exposing corruption cases and scams. There is a need to stress on developing writing and speaking skills.
9. Then central office will update its website on daily basis. The website will have complete information about the tour of the central steering committee members, articles on different topics, reading material and also report on the activities of different state and district units.
10. The central office has created a data bank of about 10,000 newspapers and news channels email ids, which will be sent the weekly press releases. It will be yours responsibility to ensure that the news is prominently published at the local level also
Immediate strategy of the central steering committee
Developing a Think Tank at national level involving qualified people
Collecting important documents regarding different scams from different politicians, bureaucrats, socially active people, RTI and media persons
Doing micro analysis of all the documents, identifying the main culprits of the scam and scripting the real story listing of all the documents
Organizing Press Conferences to release information to the media, participating in debates and filing PILs
Creation of RTI Cell, PIL Cell, Media Friends Cell, Media Discussion and Article Cells
Gaining credibility through conducting offensive campaigns and using this publicity or the gains to expand the organizational network, ultimately materializing the program of the system change.